Send by email
Update the information
Any problem with this information?
See phone number
About Peter Johnston Ship Chandlers
AT A GLANCE
- Experienced boaties
- Marine paints & epoxies
- Wide variety of marine hardware and accessories
- Huge range of clothing
Our continuous innovation and technology advances makes our sails perform at the top of the fleet.
Doyle Sails NZ is a leading force world wide in Grand Prix race sails, with both Working sails & downwind specialist sails. A hugely experienced team, including Richard Bouzaid and Mike Sanderson has allowed us to enhance and refine our award-winning and results driven product portfolio. We have supplied sails to notable yachts such as J-class Velsheda, Ragamuffin, Bella Mente, Shockwave & more.
Doyle Sails has secured its place as one of the world's leading sailmakers by establishing a reputation for producing high quality sails and for continually innovating. With a stellar reputation for impeccable attention to engineering detail and high quality construction, we utilise the latest technologies to create the most advanced sails on the market. Doyle team is passionate about all aspects of sailmaking & we pride ourselves on having one of the most knowledgeable & experienced staff.
Plant Of Stratis
- Doyle Sails Australia's offerings include the marketing leading Stratis technology Stratis Plant
- On average the cad fibre laying machines travel 150,000 metres per week
- Average length of fibre laid per week is 1.3 million metres
- Average of 1.2 ton of raw carbon fibre used per month
- Average of 1.5 - 2 ton of kevlar and vectran fibre used per month
- Approximately 85,000 sqm of Stratis membrane was produced in 2012
- Approximately 22,000lt of polymer resins were used in 2012 for Stratis product
The Design Process
Doyle Sails Australia operates with a design team centred out of the New Zealand loft. This team consists of highly qualified sailors who each bring different strengths to the team. Richard Bouzaid as the leading designer within the group leads the innovation and research for the Doyle Design team. The design tools are amongst the most advanced 3D modelling & airflow. Specifics such as projected wind range, crossover charts and specifics of an individual sail can be modeled.